Unable to Relax
I've been feeling a little frustrated and anxious lately. Yesterday evening, especially, I found myself downright grumpy. Sometimes when I get grumpy I do the terrible thing of yelling at people in my head. Often I'm not actually angry at the person I'm mentally berating, but I imagine scenarios in which they've done me a terrible wrong so that my rants are justified. No need to tell me that this isn't a good habit; I know it already.
After the babies were asleep and Christian and I were getting ready for bed last night, I decided to take a bath to help me feel better. Usually it's so calming and comforting to sit in the warm water. Only yesterday, instead of just soaking in the tub, I looked at baby pianos on eBay. I don't think that helped.
I think I have a problem with letting go of my to-do list. Blogging is on that list, but even as I sit here typing away, I'm having a hard time not thinking about all the other things I want to get done. Hemming the curtains in the living room, for example. I also have an overload of tasks I want to accomplish before the babes' first birthday:
1. Finish the blankets I started making before they were born and never finished.
2. Paint and decorate their room.
3. Make a teepee to go in the living room as a birthday surprise.
4. Plan their birthday party.
5. Make a birthday video comprising footage from when they were born until now.
6. Add music to the video so that people cry when they watch it.
7. Find awesome birthday presents without spending too much money.
8. Convince Christian that all of the above is worthwhile, also that we should take a family trip to the zoo.
I can feel the stress of everything I want to get done in my shoulders and neck muscles. I can feel it sitting in there right now. And I'm biting my nails because it's uncomfortable.
Any advice on letting go of stress? I'd truly love to hear it.
*photo via Miss Moss
categories: bad habits